6 Simple Sun-Safety Quick Tips
After months of dark, dreary days it’s finally time for some fun in the sun – and for many of us this could begin with a refresher on how to keep ourselves and our families sun-safe.
Preventing sunburn is a well-documented Banana Boat specialty, so take a look at the brand’s six simple steps for making sure this summer is the best one ever:
1. Prep Time: Apply sunscreen at least 15 to 30 minutes before going outdoors. If you can do it an hour ahead of time, that is even better.
2. Cloud Cover: Apply sunscreen even on cloudy days. UVB rays may be partially blocked by the grayness, but UVA rays are not. Using a sunscreen like Banana Boat SunComfort Lotion will protect against UVA/UVB rays, plus it’s water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
3. Reapplication: The sun’s rays are strongest between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., so remember to reapply sun protection as needed during this time frame.
4. Just an Ounce: You don’t need anything more than the size of a golf ball to cover you from head to toe if you’re wearing a swimsuit. Remember, these are guidelines so if you’re taller than average adjust accordingly.
5. Road-trip Tip: Don’t forget the sunscreen when heading out on the highways and byways since UVA rays can penetrate glass. Commonly forgotten exposed areas include the left arm that sits on the car door ledge when driving, and the rays that warm your face through the sunroof.
6. Small Spots: Show some love to the often-missed spots like ears, lips, and nose.
Additional tips on sun safety are available at www.bananaboat.ca or visit the Banana Boat Canada Facebook page.