Canadian Home Sales Drop in May Following April’s Record
According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales dropped in May 2016 after having set an all-time monthly record in April.
- National home sales dropped 2.8% from April to May.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 9.6% compared to May 2015.
- The number of newly listed homes fell 3.2% from April to May.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 12.5% year-over-year in May.
- The national average sale price climbed 13.2% in May from one year ago; net of Greater Toronto and Greater Vancouver, it advanced 9.1% year-over-year.
Read the FULL NEWS RELEASE here