Canadian Home Sales Fall Further in February
Ottawa, ON, March 15, 2018 – Statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales declined further in February 2018.
- National home sales declined by 6.5% from January to February.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down 16.9% year-over-year (y-o-y) in February.
- The number of newly listed homes recovered by 8.1% from January to February.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in February was up 6.9% y-o-y.
- The national average sale price declined by 5% y-o-y in February.
Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems were down 6.5% in February. This marks the second consecutive monthly decline following the record set in December 2017 and the lowest reading in nearly five years. (Chart A)
Read the FULL ARTICLE