March Canadian Real Estate Sales Hit A Record High!
Canadian home sales edge higher from February to March.
According to statisticsreleased today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales were up on a month-over-month basis in March 2017.
- National home sales rose 1.1% from February to March.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in March was up 6.6% from a year earlier.
- The number of newly listed homes climbed 2.5% from February to March.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 18.6% year-over-year (y-o-y) in March 2017.
- The national average sale price increased by 8.2% y-o-y in March.
Home sales over Canadian MLS® Systems edged up 1.1% in March 2017, surpassing the previous monthly record set in April 2016 by one-quarter of a percent. (Chart A)
Read FULL ARTICLE here